Loading prices...

Register/Sign in
ScrapMonster
Steel News June 29, 2022 02:50:14 PM

Steel Dynamics Entered Into Strategic Partnership to Curb Emissions

Paul Ploumis
ScrapMonster Author
The initial production capability will be more than 160,000 metric tons per year, with operations expected to begin by late next year.

Steel Dynamics Entered Into Strategic Partnership to Curb Emissions

SEATTLE (Scrap Monster): Steel Dynamics, Inc. (SDI) announced strategic joint venture partnership with leading biocarbon products producer, Aymium, aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

ALSO READ:

SDI Steel Operations to Record Historically Strong Profits

SDI Announced Acquisition of Mexican Metals Recycling Company

The joint venture entity will operate under the name SDI Biocarbon Solutions, LLC. SDI will own 55% of the joint venture, while the remaining 45% will be owned by Aymium. It will construct and operate a biocarbon production facility, which will supply SDI’s electric arc furnace steel mills with a renewable alternative to fossil fuel carbon. The capital investment for the facility is estimated at around $125-150 million. The initial production capability will be more than 160,000 metric tons per year, with operations expected to begin by late next year.

Mark D. Millett, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of SDI noted that the strategic joint venture will significantly reduce its steelmaking greenhouse gas emissions in a cost-effective manner. It will reduce SDI’s Scope 1 steelmaking greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 20-25%.

Meantime, James Mennell, Chief Executive Officer, Aymium said that the joint venture is part of its mission to  accelerate the transition away from fossil fuels and reduce the impact on the environment.

How to Recycle

Responsible Ways to Get Rid of Your Old Grill

Responsible Ways to Get Rid of Your Old Grill

Check out this post to learn about some effective approaches to safely dispose of a grill. Let's explore the various options available.
How to Dispose of Carpet

How to Dispose of Carpet

How to dispose of old carpets? Proper disposal is crucial for several reasons, mainly health and environmental concerns.
How to Dispose of Lithium Batteries

How to Dispose of Lithium Batteries

Proper care should be taken regarding the battery disposal. Read this post to get an idea on how to dispose of lithium batteries.
powered by RecyclingMonster
×

Quick Search

Advanced Search