MINERALI INDUSTRIALI is an independent Italian company born from the merger of two historical Italian groups: Maffei, founded in the early 1900s and Gruppo Minerali active since the 1970s. Today it is managed by the two owner families and 6 top managers, and employs about 620 people (half of them in Italy), plus a few hundred contractors who carry out non-strategic activities. In 2020 MI produced more than 3.5 million tons of raw materials.
Minerali Industriali is present with 12 production units in Italy, 4 in Europe, 1 in Asia, 3 in North Africa and 7 in Central and South America. The main activities are UNI EN ISO 9001: 2015 certified.
Minerali Industriali operates in the following businesses:
- extraction, treatment and marketing of raw materials such as sand, feldspar, clays and kaolin for the glass, ceramic, sanitary and paint industries
- production of innovative products for use in sports and leisure;
- valorisation of non-hazardous industrial waste (circular economy)
- geological and mining research;
- design and construction of machinery and systems for the mining sector and for the circular economy.
Being a reference company:
- in the supply of raw materials for industry, in particular ceramics and glass, which fully satisfy the current and future needs of customers;
- in the intelligent reuse of secondary raw materials and non-hazardous industrial waste;
- in the supply to third parties of machinery and plants for mining treatment and for the valorisation of industrial waste.
In full respect of safety, the environment and quality to maintain a solid and lasting relationship with its customers, collaborators and shareholders, with a view to sustainable development.
Increase the presence of Industrial Minerals in the world by stimulating a positive approach to the mining sector in the communities.