Founded in 2005, Tri Valley Recycling, Inc. was formed to help consumers and businesses with a way to responsibly dispose of electronic waste materials in a manner that is not only cost effective, but environmentally responsible and in full compliance with state and federal laws.Additionally, We are registered with the Department of Toxic Substance Control, Cal Recycle license number CEW 106178, as a registered ewaste collector, we are California's leading company dedicated to servicing our community and your ewaste collection needs.
FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- We offer complete business clean out services; IT departments, storage areas, manufacturing surpluses, etc..
- Customized program of collection, disposal, data destruction or recycling to address the unique needs of your organization.
- Certification that your company or organization is in compliance with the laws regulating e-waste disposal/recycling.
- Consulting services for companies to design a cradle-to-grave asset management system to ensure cost effective handling of obsolete electronics and compliance with the laws
FOR YOUR HOME
- Proper handling, disposal and/or recycling of your e-waste, which includes; computer recycling, monitor disposal, television disposal, identity theft prevention via data destruction and/or DOD wipe of hard drives, and all forms of electronic waste disposal and recycling.
- Data destruction and/or DOD wipe services to ensure that sensitive information on hard drives is protected against identity theft.
- The USA throws away 300-400 million electronics each year, less than 20% is recycled.
- E-waste represents 2% of trash put in our landfills yet are responsible for 70% of the overall toxic waste.
- In 2007, the EPA estimated 41.1 million desktop and laptop computers were discarded while only 18% were recycled.As computers become faster and more efficient, less than 2% of PCï¿½s ever find their way to a second user.
- 140.3 million cell phones were discarded with only 10% recycled.ï¿½ Recycling just a million cell phones would reduce greenhouse emissions equal to taking 1368 cars off the road for a year!
- 50 million cell phones are replaced worldwide every month.
- In 2008, the USA generated 3.16 million tons of ewaste, of which only 13.6% was recycled.
- In 2009, the EPA reported an estimated 5 million tons of electronics were in storage with 2.37 million tons of electronics were ready for end-of-life management (recycling) with only 25%ï¿½ collected for recycling.
- Older TVï¿½s use cathode ray tubes, CRTs, which typically contain 4 lbs of lead, some as much as 8 lbs Lead contributes to damage in the central and peripheral nervous systems, the blood and kidneys.
- Flat panel TV's and computer monitors and laptops contain small amounts of mercury in the bulbs used to light them.
- We all need to take the responsibility for caring for our environment.Tri Valley Recycling will help you recycle these ewaste, free of charge.ï¿½