The personal safety and health of all Scepter employees is of primary importance. Our basic premise is that all injuries and occupational illnesses are preventable. We insist that our operations:
- strive for an injury free workplace,
- are never satisfied when injuries occur, and
- take the required action to prevent them.
We closely monitor our safety performance against specific corporate goals as well as compared to general industry standards. To be successful, our safety program must embody the proper attitudes toward injury and occupational illness prevention on the part of management, supervisors, and employees. It also requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between supervisor and employee, but also between each employee and his or her co-workers.
Scepter management accepts the responsibility for leadership of the safety and health program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing safe conditions.Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward safety and health in themselves, and in those they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves. Employees are responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations and for continuously practicing safety while performing their duties.
Scepter acknowledges that, as part of its foundation for long-term growth, the reasonable management of environmental elements and the limitation of harmful environmental effects must be taken into account. Scepter is aware of its responsibility for the state of its environment. We are committed to constantly improving our processes because a clean and healthy environment is not only an element of good working conditions, but also an essential part of social welfare. Through the formation of our environment-centered control system, Scepter strives each day to satisfy new challenges and to improve the quality of its environment. We support this goal by:
- Employing the highest level of technology by which the level of utilization and emissions can be reduced
- Paying special attention to economizing natural resources and organizing programs for the selective collection and recycling of industrial waste
- Purchasing industrial waste recycling machinery, and work out environmental-protective technologies, to decrease the utilization of specific fuels
- Evaluating, selecting and optimizing the activities of the work of subcontractors on the basis of the economic and environmental aspects
- Constantly improving employee training
- Encouraging employees to recognize the importance of our pro-environment initiatives
- Forming a healthy and secure working environment by
- establishing an environment-protective culture at the company
- reducing contingencies
- preventing unexpected events
- Consistently complying with our environmental permits
Scepter constantly informs its partners about its environmental objectives, activities and results.
It is the policy of Scepter to meet or exceed all customer requirements and continuously improve. Scepter aspires to be an industry leader in environmental compliance, safe work conditions, high recovery, and exceptional quality. Management ensures that the quality policy is communicated to all employees. This is posted in prominent places throughout the facility to maintain high standards within our organization.
Sustainability: "Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
- Scepter is committed to sustainable production and consumption.
- Scepter seeks sustainability in energy and resource consumption, environmental compliance and leadership, workplace health and safety, and product recycling and reuse.
- Aluminum is an integral part of the solution in reducing greenhouse gases and energy consumption and in improving the quality of life for people across the country and throughout the world.
RECOVER-ABILITY: IT'S WHAT WE DO
The Scepter Group* is 100% dedicated to getting you the highest possible recovery from your material. Scepter's customers rely on our ability to recover as much metal as possible from what is delivered.
WE TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER
- Scepter frequently consults with customers on dross handling practices and techniques to maximize their value
- Scepter collaborates with customers on scrap collection, skimming and remelt practices to attain the appropriate recovery for their specific operating procedures
- Employees of companies of the Scepter Group are thoroughly trained to leverage our proprietary technology and process controls to ensure that the results are as expected
Remelt-scrap ingot requires processors to retain the chemistry of the material that was shipped without contaminating the alloy due to improper storage, handling or melting practices. Scepter continually manages this process to avoid any alloy degradation. Some of the plants in the Scepter Group have the capability to blend various alloys of scrap to make specification ingot. This allows customers to send us a variety of materials in order to make a uniform grade of aluminum. This requires experience, systems and furnace capabilities that many of our competitors do not have.QUALITY
Scepter is committed to producing a quality product that meets each customer's unique requirements at a competitive price.
- Scepter's standard operating procedures ensure that its best practices are followed by its operators
- Control plans identify important control points in the manufacturing process
- Preventive maintenance programs ensure the reliable delivery of expected results
- 9000 ISO Certified
Value is something that is difficult to define, but you know it when you see it. Scepter believes that its combination of a fair price, excellent chemistry controls and high recovery rates creates the highest overall value for its customers.
Companies of the Scepter Group:
- Own and operate three special-use, restricted-waste landfills. Our knowledge of handling and managing recycling wastes provides security for our customers.
- Pride themselves on material integrity. Each tolling customer's material is kept separate and managed with a world-class production and inventory control system.
- Have a strong geographic footprint as well as trading capabilities in critical industry areas.
- Maintain a customer-focused orientation that is normally associated with family-owned businesses.
- Are financially sound and growing to meet customer demands.
- Are committed to providing customers with the highest level of service and integrity. We work hard to maintain the trust and confidence of our customers.
- Built in 2002
- Became part of the Scepter Group* in 2010
- Serves customers in the Eastern U.S.
- Capable of producing four types of recycled aluminum products
- Remelt-scrap ingot (RSI) - 1500 pounds
- Molten metal
- De-ox cones
- 30 pound ingot