Metal Price
Scrap Monster
Vulcan
Mining News September 18, 2020 01:20:45 PM

AngloGold Boston Shaker Mine Announces Commercial Production Milestone

Paul Ploumis
ScrapMonster Author
The media release by the company stated that the underground ore production has currently reached an annualized production rate of 0.7 Mtpa.

AngloGold Boston Shaker Mine Announces Commercial Production Milestone

SEATTLE (Scrap Monster): AngloGold Ashanti announced that it has achieved commercial production at its Boston Shaker underground mine at Tropicana in Western Australia. The company which hold 70% joint venture interest operates the mine along with its partner IGO Ltd., which holds the remaining 30% interest.

Announcing the decision, AngloGold Ashanti SVP Australia Michael EricksonAngloGold Ashanti SVP Australia Michael Erickson said that the underground mining at the mine will leverage further value and that the company is confident of achieving payback in just over three years. The mine is expected to contribute higher grade mill feed from this quarter, thereby resulting in enhanced cash flow during 2021-’23, he added.

ALSO READ:

Mali Gold Mine Operations Continued Unabated Amidst Political Turmoil

Anglogold Shuts Gold Mine as Covid-19 Positive Cases Escalate

The media release by the company stated that the underground ore production has currently reached an annualized production rate of 0.7 Mtpa. It must be noted that the Tropicana gold project had recently reached an important milestone, by producing 3 millionth ounce of gold. The company hoped that Tropicana will be able to maintain gold production in the range 450,000-500,000 ounces per annum over the next four years.

Boston Shaker will deliver nearly 1.1 million tonnes of ore per annum at an estimated grade of 3.5 grams per tonne.

SM Newsletter
Subscribe to SM mailing list and get updates to your inbox
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Instagram