We are a Full Service recycling company processing many types of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous materials. We provide comprehensive services for commercial accounts as well as a steady drive-up population.We know you have a choice where you would like to sell scrap material but at Grapperhaus we try to make the process as easy as possible and that’s why we get a lot of repeat customers.
Kevin Grapperhaus, owner of Grapperhaus Metal Company, started working in the scrap metal business while still in high school. He found a job working for a company in E. St. Louis when the yard he worked for in Clinton County, IL closed its doors. In 1981 he started his own company on the family farm while still holding his job in E. St. Louis. In 1992, Kevin decided to run his company full time from his home.Kevin expanded the business as he could and incorporated in January 1996.Today the business operates with a small fleet of semi trucks, luggar trucks, pickup trucks, ton trucks, semi trailers, luggar boxes, roll-off containers, dump hoppers, and totes.
At Grapperhaus we are a stable and profitable company where you can expect:
- Reliable Service
- Prompt Payment
- Competitive Pricing
- A Clean Operation> We believe a clean yard is a happy yard. At Grapperhaus we try to keep all of our roadways clear of debris so our customers need not worry about getting a flat tire.
- We have very good coverage through our business insurance with yearly inspections to make sure we are doing our part in keeping our customers safe.
- Some of our customers drive in upwards of 50 miles to get to us and even a 2 hour drive for some.
- We are dedicated to fast reliable and economical service
- We have containers on hand and ready for delivery in a variety of sizes to best suit your needs
- Our containers can be placed conveniently on site.
- At Grapperhaus we have the ability to haul the material with our company owned vehicles and we have our own drivers which means our clients need not worry about who is handling their material or how it is being handled.
- Our equipment is well-maintained
- We have an aggressive pricing strategy to ensure top dollar for your material
- Our scales are all Illinois State Certified
- And we have a quick turn around for those bringing the material to our yard themselves. This includes weighing in, unloading, weighing out, and getting paid.
- If you are doing a clean up job & have your own semi truck, feel free to borrow one of our trailers and haul your material into us free of charge.
- Or for our container service, call and we’ll have someone look at the material and talk about the best option
- We can pick up for our commercial accounts within 24 hours of notification, unless other arrangements have been made.
We Do Not except the following
- Materials containing refrigerants
- Containers with free flowing liquids inside or outside (tar, oil, gasoline, paint, propane, water, etc)
- Light fixtures with ballasts, neon signs, or fluorescent light bulbs
- Radio Active Material
- Brown Goods (TV, Radio, Monitors, & other electronics)
- Closed containers of any kind
- Explosive materials
- Plastics, Dirt, Wood, or other Debris
- Beer Kegs (unless authorized agent)