Recycling is one of the most important actions you can take. Only 1/10 of garbage gets recycled, but over half of it could be. We here at Bestway Recycling Co. Inc.in Los Angeles, CA pay you cash for your recycling efforts. It’s a win-win situation!...
Aluminum Recycling Facts
- A used aluminum can is recycled and back on the grocery shelf as a new can, in as little as 60 days. That's closed loop recycling at its finest!
- Bullet Used aluminum beverage cans are the most recycled item in the U.S., but other types of aluminum, such as siding, gutters, car components, storm window frames, and lawn furniture can also be recycled.
- Bullet Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours -- or the equivalent of a half a gallon of gasoline.
- Bullet More aluminum goes into beverage cans than any other product.
- Bullet Because so many of them are recycled, aluminum cans account for less than 1% of the total U.S. waste stream, according to EPA estimates.
- Bullet An aluminum can that is thrown away will still be a can 500 years from now!
- Bullet There is no limit to the amount of times an aluminum can be recycled.
- Bullet We use over 80,000,000,000 aluminum soda cans every year.
- Bullet At one time, aluminum was more valuable than gold!
- Bullet A 60-watt light bulb can be run for over a day on the amount of energy saved by recycling 1 pound of steel. In one year in the United States, the recycling of steel saves enough energy to heat and light 18,000,000 homes!