Scrap Monster
Vulcan
Vulcan
Paper Recycling July 12, 2019 10:30:09 AM

Premier Paper Group Awaits Acquisition by Japan Pulp & Paper

Paul Ploumis
ScrapMonster Author
JPP’s acquisition is in line with its business plan to expand activities in its Non-Japan Wholesaling segment.

Premier Paper Group Awaits Acquisition by Japan Pulp & Paper

SEATTLE (Scrap Monster): Japan Pulp & Paper Co. Ltd (JPP) announced that it has acquired 100% of beneficial interest in the issued share capital of RADMS Paper Limited, the holding company that owns the Premier Paper Group.  

According to the company press release states that 60% of the legal interest has been acquired and that the remaining 40% interest will be acquired in a year’s time. The transaction took place July 5, 2019.

JPP’s acquisition is in line with its business plan to expand activities in its Non-Japan Wholesaling segment. The company has been bringing paper merchants with significant market presence into its fold. The acquisition of Gould Paper in the U.S in 2010, investment in India’s KCT Trading in 2012 and purchases of Ball & Doggett Group, Spicers Paper Singapore and Malaysia units were in accordance with the Group’s medium-term business plan.

ALSO READ: Bio Pappel Announces Acquisition of Major U.S. Corrugated Packaging Producer

Through this acquisition, JPP aims to significantly expand its wholesale business activities in the UK. The efficient inventory and distribution network across the UK and the comprehensive low-cost operation system will benefit the company, JPP noted.

Dave Allen, MD, Premier Paper noted that the new partnership will help the company to build on its current success and achieve its full development potential. It promises continued prosperity and secured future for the company and all of its employees. The existing Premier Paper management team will remain in place, he added.

JPP is a $5bn turnover global company which employs 3,900 people across a number of diverse sectors. 

SM Newsletter
Subscribe to SM mailing list and get updates to your inbox
Facebook Twitter Linkedin